View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 04:00 PM   #27
marcerella02
Loved by Layla
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by backagain39 View Post
Ok I have a question about cooking for my dogs.....

I have two 5 month old pups and were both doing fine until about a week ago and they both developed wet runny stools.....took them to vet and they are both on meds (flagil?sp)....

I have been feeding my pups mostly boiled chicken with occassional rice mixed in since this happened and I am thinking about never returning to dog food again!!!!!

Both are doing better and as they progress I plan on adding more to their diet....tried scrambled eggs and they hated that.....tried cheese which they like and they only way I can get the meds into them........and they like apples which they are not getting right now.....I am trying to stay with easily digestible items right now.

My question is........how much protein do yorkies require???? lots or little??? and will chicken everyday be too much for them????

Thanks!!!!!
my advice (and what worked for us in this situation) is to take them off the meds... Yorkies are sensitive to too much protien... but they do need some... chicken every day will not be too much... for those of us who feed homemade (we started yesterday) we usually give a meat every day (layla is eating cooked veal, brown rice and split peas every day) i got the receipe from a book written by a homeopathic vet... so i know i can trust it... Layla didn't like scambled eggs etierh but she LOVES boiled.. you might want to give that a try.. you can also try cottage cheese (i hate it but she loves it ) and some yogurt!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!