View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 12:07 PM   #15
Rhapsody
And Tiger, too!
Donating Member

Smile

My pups are allowed on the couches and bed, but there are parts of the house that they aren't allowed. Course the formal dining room and formal sitting/living room are shut off by baby gates, but we don't 'live' in those rooms. They are only opened up during holidays and when we have company. And honestly when they are open, they are open to everyone (dogs included); I just don't want any pups or kids playing in those rooms unsupervised.

It's funny, on Thanksgiving, Rhapsody makes a point of going in there and stretching out on the back of the couch like a cat. It's almost as though she thinks we cleaned and took down the baby gates just for her, lol. And yes, she'll stay there all day until it gets closed off again.

I wouldn't even consider not allowing them to be part of the family. When my husband and I first got together; he was very strict with his pets -- they weren't allowed on furniture or beds. Now he doesn't even think about it, lol, he says I ruin all his training attempts, so why bother. Oh well, they are housetrained, and they don't tear things up. That's really all I care about.

Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!