View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 04:09 AM   #1
thinkthinn
No Longer a Member

Default Putting my Sophie to sleep

My yorkie is an unspaded female. Long story on why she's not spaded. Mainly I was too scared to have her spaded because she was so s,mall. Anyway now she is 15.5 years old and has been having infections on a regular basis.

We have been treating her with antibiotics and now they are not working. She is leaking this green sticky stuff. I know a dog this happened to and eventually her uterus burst and she was operated on and of course 3 months later died.

I never wanted to put my yorkie through any pain and honestly I think she is in pain now.
I am always washing her off but she licks herself at night and I dont think this is helping her.

She is a very fussy eater lately and turns up her nose at everything. Mostly because I think she wants to eat but has lost her appetite.
I dont want her to go through a burst uterus.

She has been my baby for so long. Putting her to sleep is such a hard choice but I cant let her go through anymore pain.

My vet ( He is new because the other vet sold his business) wants to spay her after this infection goes away howver I have to call him and tell him the medicine is not working anymore which my old vet told me eventually the antibiotics would stop working.

Does anyone know of anything else that could be done?
thinkthinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!