View Single Post
Old 04-29-2007, 10:54 AM   #11
kelkiss5
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by txshopper73 View Post
One must understand the reasons behind blunt posting...especially in the breeder's section. When people with a heart felt passion hears about tiny yorkie mommas that are being bred to produce tiny yorkies, it breaks their hearts. Many, many years have gone by where respected show breeders have tried to perfect our breed and then for someone to come along and purposely do something to change that genetic pattern to produce what is "in at the moment" ticks people off!

Owners control the breeding of these girls. A dog isn't going to understand that sitting out or not being bred is in their best interest. Once their bodies go into season, they'll just respond as nature has programmed them to do.

People may see shocked responses as being rude. I do not. It's one thing to flat out call someone stupid or other names. It's another to question their breeding practices.

Females will continue to have heat cycles well into old age. Does this mean that they should be bred? Heavens no! I know that as a human adult, I'd hate to be pregnant when I'm in my 50s. A dog that is 6 years old has earned a healthy retirement and should be spayed so that she can live the rest of her life as a lap dog.

We all want what is not only best for our beloved pets but for other people's pets as well.

JMO
Of course i understand what you are saying, in response to the breeder section. But down right rudeness to people, i have noticed is creeping in everywere on YT.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!