View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 12:43 PM   #8
sassypup
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly_QD View Post
Hello, my name is Laura and I am Mexican-American. And well as you may suspect, all my recipes are authentic mexican. I would flood the thread with recipes. Let me know what you are interested in and I would be happy to give you a few.

Authentic fajitas are cooked on a grill. The cut of meat you want to buy is called "Arrachera" or "Fajita Flecha" . Basically fajita is skirt steak. Ask for the butcher to put it through the tenderizing machine so that you will not have to do it yourself. I season them with lime, fajita seasoning mix, and a small amount of pepper. This cut is thin so they don't take too long. Put it on the grill and just cook to your liking. Some people like them a little rare, others like it well done but not crispy. Always cut the fajitas against the grain. Strips or diced however you like them. They are ready to eat that way, but I like to do a little something extra. After you cut them you can put them on a covered slow cooker or even just a regular Stover top roaster and put in a the low setting. This will make them extra extra tender. I do this for about 15 minutes or so.

Serve them in Corn or Flour tortillas or just in a plate .

I have other recipes that would be great with fajitas. Let me know if you want some. IM me.

NICE! What about Enchiladas (chicken)? Do you have a good recipe for that?
sassypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!