Thread: Yorkie Love
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 06:59 PM   #10
Sweetums
Donating Yorkie Yakker

I soooo know what you mean! My husband and I are crazy about our little girl. I'm sixty with grown children and I was in the depths of depression when our little girl came into our lives. I think I was grieving the loss of my children because they'd both married and moved out. Our little Yorkie girl completely pulled me out of my depression. She is the light of our lives. My husband is with her all day, since I still work and he is retired. And he is soooo attached to her. Picks her up and holds her like a baby and talks baby-talk to her. We talk to her like she can understand and she tilts her little head and looks like she's taking in every word. I feel every twinge of pain she feels, I mourn for her when she gets rejected by another dog at our meetups and I want to protect her from ever being hurt in any way. It's just a very strong mother instinct kind of feeling. I wish I didn't have to work so I could be home with her.

We have to take her to doggie daycare this week because my husband (who is on call for part time work) has to go to work. I am already worried about leaving her there for 8 hours because she is not a good eater and will go all day without eating if we don't pay attention to whether she eats or not, and then she will throw up when her stomach is empty. I am such a mother hen when it comes to her that I want to go to the daycare at lunch and make sure she eats something. I know it sounds screwy to other people, but she is like a baby to us.
Sweetums is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!