View Single Post
Old 06-21-2005, 11:36 AM   #8
jogi37
Donating Yorkie Yakker

I would definately keep the baby! It will be hard work for a few weeks, but I am sure you can turn her around....
As far as the pee pad vs. area rug dilemma, don't worry.....the pee pads are scented to attract the dog.

What I would do is confine her to a small part of the house....maybe with her crate on one side of the room and a pee pad on the other. Then, you will have to constantly monitor her when she is out of the crate. As soon as she starts sniffing.....put her on the pad and keep putting her there until she pees on it....then lots and lots of praise....then repeat, repeat, repeat....I know it will seem like forever, but eventually she will make it to the pad 99% of the time. Once she is consistant you can start giving her more access to the house and you may have to again monitor her and put her on the pee pads.....it has been 10 months, but Tini is finally to the point where I can trust her in teh house not to pee on the rugs....

Good luck and hang in there....it will seem like forever, but it really won't be and then you will have a cute baby who will love you lots!
jogi37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!