View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 06:13 PM   #1
TLC
Slave to My Rug-Rats
Donating Member

Love *UPDATE* Paralyzed Yorkie Tahoe

First I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who has been praying for Tahoe. The past few weeks have been extremely rough for a handful of wonderful people. Tahoe's story has been posted on numerous sites and people across the USA have kindly given themselves emoitionaly and physical to help support this little fella. Through the generosity of many compationate people sending donations to the Vet Hospital in Plainview, NY - I am happy to report that Tahoe recieved his much needed MRI today

I talked to Kasia (Tahoe's Mom) this afternoon and I got a first hand report of how the MRI went...

So as everyone knows Tahoe had his MRI today..the result is...it was a stroke...WOW ...ya thats what I said when I got this news...The Dr. gave him 50/50 chance of walking again she told me not to give up on him yet..but I will never give up on him regardless he will be walking or not...the time will show..for now there is really nothing we could do ...care and love and hope or the best..He is doing fine ..they were happy with the way Tahoe woke up after and how he is doing..I went by the hospital after work but they did not let me see him...tommorrow he is coming home so we will have him back...I got to tell you the house is not the same without him...I wanted to thank each and every one of you for everything ..without you this would not be possible..right now we have all the info and we know what to to next...
Thank you for everything you are group of amazing people..Kasia

Please don't stop praying for Tahoe, he is still not walking. Kasia told me that the Dr. says that he is not in any pain and he doesn't need to be on any meds. They checked his spinal fluid and all is good. He has one paw that doesn't have any feeling to it (oh I hope that will come back in time). The only thing they can do for him is theraphy. Val and Babybear are going through the same thing, Babybear slowly being able to stand for a few seconds on his own, so she is going to help Kasia with some water theraphy exercises. And she is getting some much help and support from the wonderful people on the congentialgroup,thanks guys - you did such a wonderful job. They are such a wonderful and caring group, again, great job!

Again I want to Thank You all from the bottom of my heart. I have been involved with this from the start...what a ride...The support that was given to Tahoe is just unbelievable. I went to the Vet Hospital on Friday, Monday and by Tuesday the staff that works there was just blown away with all the daily donations that they were recieving via mail, credit cards and the cash that myself and other local strangers were dropping off. I don't think they have ever seen anything like that before
...That's Yorkie Love For Ya

P.S. If there is anyone that has any helpful information regarding Strokes - Tahoe is only 1.5 years old - Please let me know and I can pass them along to Kasia.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!