Thread: Frantic? Itch?
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 12:25 PM   #4
WRScorpio
Senior Yorkie Talker

Just an update... for the sake of maybe knowing if your dog acted like I described Duke. He had a fungal ear infection that I've been taking him to the vet. for twice now. Well, the last time I went he said it was cleared up and fine, but apparently it's back for the third time. He got the ointment in his ears as usual, then a few shots this time that he hadn't gotten before... so, hopefully that will do it. It's supposedly contagious, but I don't know how he keeps getting it. I've washed everything in colorsafe bleach and cleaned the house! Anyway, him putting his head toward his butt making me think he was trying to scratch his bottom was him actually trying to get his head to his back leg for it to scratch his ears. The hyperactivity he said was probably a diversional activity to take the mind off the ears. Duke has had surgery, femoral osteotomy, as a pup for his hips (he's 5 now) and that is why he was having trouble scratching his little ears. He probably thought I was crazy when I kept trying to scratch his bottom for him.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!