View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 05:54 AM   #7
dinek
Senior Yorkie Talker

How anyone could euthanize a dog for a broken leg injury makes no sense, especially since it was a healthy dog other than that? There is more awareness today about rescue groups than there probably was at the time of this incident. (5 years ago)

It is so important to know WHO you are boarding your dog with. I have always been very careful about this. The boarding person should always get information about where the owner can be reached in case of emergency. When I've boarded my dogs, the boarding person always asked me if there was any change about how I could be reached. She always asked me, too, which vet I wanted my dogs to go to. Sometimes I travel out of the country, so I left her contact numbers for there, too. Of course, any phone call would be paid by ME.

My newest Yorkie (a rescue), now with me for more than a year, will be boarded for the first time at this place. We are doing a 1-night acclimation boarding so he can get used to the place and she gets to know him. (I will be home so will be reachable there by regular phone or cell phone.) A week later he'll be there for about a week. At all times, the boarder person will know how to reach me. She will also be able to take him to his vet JUST IN CASE of need. There's always a way to make arrangements with the vet about costs to be paid when I return.

A good thing to do, too, is let the people at the vet know who can bring in the dog in case of emergency.
dinek is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!