View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 09:43 PM   #9
Itspuppyluv
Gus Is The Fuss
Donating Member

I would be pretty upset with my vet if I were you. It sounds like she had an allergic reaction so it is a good thing you only used half and washed it off right away.
Do an online search for allergic reactions to flea meds. Some of the symptoms are lethargy, itching, running around like mad, hiding, hair loss, foaming at the mouth, seizures. Some dogs have even died.

The reaction can get worse and happen faster with each application.

Some dogs will have a reaction to the ingredient of one flea and tick med. but not the other kinds so you might be able to find one she doesn't have a reaction to. Have dish soap on hand. I usually see Dawn recommended. It cuts through the oil and gets it off better.

I would try natural preventions first or if the fleas and ticks aren't that bad where you live you might not have to use anything at all. I don't. I wash his beds every week, vacuum a lot, comb him and check for fleas every day. Last year I found one flea on two seperate occasions but killed them and had no other problems.
Best of luck and really look into this for your little one's sake. It can be very serious.

Last edited by Itspuppyluv; 04-23-2007 at 09:48 PM.
Itspuppyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!