View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 02:45 PM   #14
alaskayorkie
Banning Thread Dictator
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti View Post
I will keep him in my prayers. Maya has the same thing. She was diagnosed about a year ago and I went to the surgeon and she said we could take a wait and see approach. SHe did say it was uncommon in spayed females and usually affects males more. I have just kept an eye on her. The surgeon said the surgery wasn't bad and she would be on stool softeners for awhile after surgery. I think she told me it be about 1,000.00.
Thanks, everyone, for the concern. Patti, that is unusual for your spayed female to have the same thing. My vet thinks Jack was probably neutered late in life, and this is one of the costs. The muscles that are supposed to hold his colon in place have atrophied.

He originally told me that his main concern would be his bladder slipping into the 'hole' and requiring emergency surgery, but he said it would be unusual for that to happen. He quoted me at around $700 a year ago. Fortunately, I budgeted for it. It was nice to have the advance warning.

Still waiting for his call. Arggh.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!