View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 02:15 PM   #1
muffinlvr
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Omg I Need YourHelp with Frontline Medication!

Last month I gave all three of my dogs their Frontline dosage. Biscuit who is 10 pounds gets the full dose, Muffin who is 5 pounds gets half a dose and when I gave CoCo (3 pounds) her half dose she immediately started acting really strange and then started foaming at the mouth A LOT!! This happened within 5 minutes of giving her the medicine. This was the first time she had gotten this medicine and even tho she was 11 months old at the time she obviously had a bad reation from it. I picked her up and put her in the kitchen sink and started running water all over her to rinse the meds off of her. She was fine within a minute or so. I called the vet and he said that I should NEVER give a dog half a dose no matter what size they are. I asked him how can a 5 pound dog get the same amount as a 10 pound dog? He said that it doesn't make any difference.

As far as CoCo's reaction he asked me if she had been running around before getting the meds (thus the foaming at the mouth). I said no she hadn't. He suggested that I bring her in and he give her the medicine and see what happens. If she has a reaction at least she would be at the vet's office. The problem is, I'm scared to death to give her this medicine again. She's so tiny and I don't want anything to happen to her. And if I take her in to the vet, he will give her the full dose!!

I asked if there was an alternative medicine that I could give her and he said there wasn't. What should I do??? Do any of you have alternative suggestions for flea and tick control because it's time for their meds again.

I appreciate any help I can get.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!