View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 02:32 AM   #4
Dougal&Little
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskayorkie View Post
That's interesting. I'm a little afraid of dog parks. Even though Eddie is well socialized, I never know about the big dogs we run into. So I'm always stressing out. I'd almost rather go to areas that are not designated as unleashed areas so we run into fewer dogs.
They pick up on the tension you know - I'm sure you do. Just go along with lots and lots of tasty treats so you can get Eddie and Jack back - the beauty of small dogs is you can pick them up if you have any issues with other dogs.

I've started having to put the Wee on the lead when we're going up to dogs because she's taken to barking ferociously and I can't STAND the noise. But she's a perfect angel on lead - if I get so much as a muted "grr-uff" I do a U-turn and walk away.

Dougal does fine with most dogs, as long as they submit - if they run he runs after them barking. I've made many a bull mastiff owner laugh that their big tough dog would be running away from a fuzz bag like the Dougal. If blokes want an insanely tough dog - they soooo need a yorkie!

Dougal's Facebook Dixie's Facebook
Dougal&Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!