View Single Post
Old 04-22-2007, 12:08 PM   #1
Ginny Merry
Yorkie Yakker

Angel Back again with better allergy news

We took Dixie for a second option that may have saved us more money in a long run. This new vet took 3 skins scrapings and found some kind a tinny mites or bugs( usually found on cats) that have been doing a number on her. They look like a tinny sperm, he said she has hundreds all over her body. Gave her 2 shots, one to kill the mites and one for her scratching to make her more comfortable while the mites are being killed. Also a special shampoo to do her every 3 days for 4 baths then bathe once a week. . He said this doesn't mean she don't have allergies, but this might just do the trick. Cost 140.00, but if this stuff works, it's well worth it to us. He said not to give her any of those pills I was giving her for her so called allergies. You know I got the puppy in that condition from the breeder. My regular vet never suggested skin scrapes for Dixie. They just would have taken an allergy blood test at 350.00 and that would have been it. Just think this could have been found out 2 months ago, if my vet was on the ball.
I feel like I have had a big load lifted off my back. She don't hardy scratch any more. Ginny

Now the not so good NEWS,..................Dixie has 2 baby teeth that are not coming out, the vet said he will have to cut her gums to get them out. The 2 that don't want to move are her 2 upper fangs. So in 2 weeks she should be spade and then he can take them out. Maybe by the time she will be 1 year old all the problems will stop. She is 6 months now. Ginny
Ginny Merry is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!