View Single Post
Old 04-22-2007, 09:22 AM   #1
j3ntan
Yorkie Yakker

Omg Trembling at night..

Hello everyone.

First of all, a little background, Lola has always slept with me in my bed. Basically, if I'm on the bed, she wants in! Lately, she hasn't been wanting to go to bed with me, and I find her in the living room shivering. She seems to be going through something scary, because she makes accident pottys and sulks around very guiltily afterwards. One time I caught her licking pee off her paw and I realized she had potty'd in her own bed!

In addition to not wanting to sleep with me, she has just been acting strange. She sulks around at night time, makes a weird light coughing, and is constantly licking her mouth. Or just sticking her tongue out and back in, like a smacking sound. I heard that dogs do that to supress themselves from throwing up. I've taken her in to the vet's first for the potty thing then for acting strangely, and he says she's ok, but if I wanted to I could get full bloodwork done to give me peace of mind.

She doesn't do this every night, but the shaking/trembling is what scares me the most. I took her into my bed early this morning at 5 am. And she stopped shaking and just fell asleep with me like a baby til 8 when I had to wake up to go to work. Can anyone help? Does anyone else's babies do this?

Also, I just wanted to throw this tidbit out there. I'm not really too concerned but, Lola has two patches of darker (almost black) shorter hair towards the back two sides above her legs. It's pretty weird, makes me think she might be part human. The patch of hair is about 2 1/2 inches by 2 1/2 inches square on both sides...Check out your babies and see if they have it too?????
j3ntan is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!