View Single Post
Old 06-20-2005, 06:53 PM   #10
Laura
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I also had to have a Llaso put down. It was the most horrible decision I ever had to make. Sparky never bit anyone but me, but a friends baby would lay on him and I could hear him growling under his breath. This is just an example of his behavior, but I knew in my heart - it was a matter of time. I wanted to remember him - not as a dog put down because of marring a child's face.

The one thing I would recommend is training, as it makes you the master. Do not let the dog be the boss as it will cause more aggression. It is not time for patience, it is time for action. If you do not have time, I would look for a new owner right away. Many shelters will not adopt out an animal who has bitten. (they do the other thing.)

Muzzle - Recently I tried to muzzle my babies as they started biting each other when Zowie was pregnant. They pulled them off faster than I could get them on. I tried several types. Also, if you can muzzle her, remember not to leave it on too long or in heat as they must pant. I would recommend a cage for questionable situations.

You will have this resolved long before you have a child.

http://www.yorkietalk.com/gallery/sh...00&ppuser=1851
Laura is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!