View Single Post
Old 01-15-2005, 07:35 PM   #1
gymbo68
YT 1000 Club Member

Default HELP!! What to do?

Hi all...newbie here.
Ok we have had our first Yorkie (a female) for 8 months. SHe came to us from a bad situation. We have always had 2 dogs. We had her (she is 3 yrs now) and a Dalmation. Well we finally had to put our Dal down last Oct. The kids were really upset as was I. SHe was my dog. Anyway, they had always co-existed pretty good. The kids wanted a yorkie puppy...so we got them one for last month.

His name is Max and he is doing great. Sleeps most of the night n his cage, and is using papers quite well....overall a great little guy

Now the problem, Roxie our first is not taking this well. We have given her lots of attention to offset the puppies attention, but she just does not like him. He wants to play, she wants to kill him. She has "attacked" him 2 times and so we are back to keeping them seperated. Primarily because we cannot figure out what else to so.

We are getting concerned that she is not going to "lighten up".....She will not play with him, or even look at him for that matter. I have praised her and keep telling her shes my good girl, but I am reaching my end here....

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

THanks,
Jim
gymbo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!