View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 02:01 PM   #8
pea496
Donating Yorkie Yakker

I took Conner to Florida in November (from CT). You have to take her out of the carrier to go through security. The carrier has to go through x-ray, but you carry the dog through with you. We had a layover in Atlanta, so he was in his carrier for 7 hours total. When we were in the plane, he slept the whole time!! He is so hyper that I was surprised that he slept. I did his favorite bone (nothing to make him thirsty because I didn't want him to have too much water). The only time he whined and barked was when we were in Atlanta. He wanted to get out and see the people. I did take him out of the carrier while we were seated waiting for the next plane.

Put some fleece blankets with your scent in the carrier because she will smell you and the floor of the plane gets a little chilly. I also put his favorite toy in the carrier. I put one leg on each side of the carrier in the plane so that he knew I was there.

Before we left on the trip, we took Conner to places he liked in the carrier - the park, Petco, to get ice cream. That way, he associated the carrier with going someplace great!!

I was sure I was going to have a problem, and I didn't. I am sure things will go equally well for you.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!