View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 01:38 PM   #5
TLC
Slave to My Rug-Rats
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston's Mom View Post
Rescue Remedy will help calm her down and maybe she'll take a nap. You have to take deep breaths and relax. It will be okay. Don't set yourself up. I will be thinking about you.
RE: Rescue Remedy
I know alot of people to use it with success. I bought it and tried it myself with no problems and then I gave it to Roxy a few times and no problems.
BUT...
I recommended it to my Mom for her 5 year old Yorkie girl who has EXTREME stress in crate/carriers. My Mom was flying from PHX to NYC and she gave a tiny bit to her Yorkie, just before boarding. What a horrible expereince for them!!! Harlee (Moms Yorkie) was still going into EXTREME anxiety. Her heart was racing, my Mom thought she was going to have a heart attack. Harlee tongue turned purple, the Flight Staff allowed my Mom to hold Harlee and they made an annoucement asking if there were any Vets on board. The whole ordeal was very scarey. My Mom thought Harlee was going to die

Then a woman came out of the restroom and said she heard the annoucement. She said her husband is a Doctor and maybe she could help out. She told my Mom that she usually gives her dogs Rescue Remedy to calm them down. My Mom said, That's Exactly what I gave her. The woman was shocked that it had this effect on Harlee. Anyway, she told the Flight Staff to get my Mom a mini bottle of Jack Daniels and told my Mom to put a drop on her finger and put this on Harlees tongue (and to do it a couple of times). Finally, this was able to bring her out of what ever the RR was doing to her. Again, this was extremely scarey. My Mom thought Harlee was going to die. So please becareful. I threw out my bottle of RR
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!