View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 12:55 PM   #18
drawlins27
Mommy's Lil' Miracle
Donating Member

Unfortunately, I don't think that this will be the last recall. There are numerous report of pets who have eaten Purina's Beneful (not yet recalled but does contain wheat gluten) becoming very ill. There was also this message posted on Itchmo regarding additonal reports of pets becoming sick:

Vets Suspect 5 Foods, Will Test Soon
Wednesday, April 18th, 2007
From the Sacramento Bee article:

Local veterinarians who?ve tracked kidney ailments nationwide have tentatively identified five more foods, not at this point under any recall, that they plan to have tested as soon as possible.

The Veterinary Information Network, used by about 16,000 of the estimated 35,000 U.S. veterinarians, noticed the five foods kept recurring in vet-described disease reports, said Paul Pion, the Davis vet who co-founded the service. Pion said it would be premature to name the foods.

Emphasis ours. We should also note that we hold Dr. Pion in the highest regard and we hope that you will also trust him to do the right thing at the right time. We do.

Why is releasing this information important if there?s no confirmation? We want the FDA and others to take notice and tell us who else got the rice protein. Dr. Pion shouldn?t have to do this. It?s not his job. The supplier already told us the food went to more than Diamond. Someone already yelled ?fire? in a crowded theatre.

This is all very scary and my heart goes out to anyone's baby who has gotten ill from eating any of the contaminated food. There are now reports that they are looking into the possibility that the melamine was purposely added to make the wheat gluten appear to have a higher protein content then it actually did. I pray that this is not the case.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!