Thread: Potty training
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 04:35 PM   #4
Machu Pichu
Yorkie Talker

Default It Worked!=)

Ok, so I've only had my baby yorkie and my lil maltese for 5 days now but they are already potty trained...

So first i purchased a crate and a play pen.. i set up the play pen and put the crate and the bed on one side.. and i put about 3 weeweepads all lined up on the other side.

Normally the pups will not pee where they sleep so confing the area alittle bit is best. The way i set up the play pen, there is way more than enough room to fit their bed, 3 weeweepads, a seperate side for food, and enough room for them to play.

for the first day i stayed with them and played (u know how the first day is, so excited=)), and everytime they looked like they were about to go to the bathroom (they would sniff around and walk in circles and pace around sniffing the ground the whole time) i picked them up and put them on the pads and i did that EVERYTIME so they peed on those pads a few times..

Dogs have a tendency to pee around the same area that they smell their old pee, so they continued to use the bathroom on those pads. Since day one, my pups have both only peed off the pads ONCE. My yorkie pooped off the pad today actually but i have to admit, the yorkies are alittle harder to train. Nevertheless, he nearly always goes on the pads, so slowly but surely it's working...

Good luck and congrats on ur new baby!=)
Machu Pichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!