View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 01:25 PM   #1
RMKC
Rosi & Poli's Mom
Donating Member

Default Another Possible Recall ?????

I hope not, this is a Newsletter i got this morning, i called my Vet, and he said the makers of Heartguard usualy are pretty good of letting them know if there is a problem, and so far so good, but i thought i copy this letter so everyone can watch out ! It is getting downright scary
Author: Veterinary Secrets Revealed
http://www.veterinarysecretsrevealed.com
Hello, Claudia
Re: Wheat gluten strikes again, and stop the Heartguard.
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Hello all.
There are new recalled pet foods, with likely additional recalls to come.
Natural Balance Pet Foods recalls Venison & Brown Rice Dry Dog Food, Venison & Green Pea Dry Cat Food.
Here is a copy of what exists on their website now:
NOTICE:
We are receiving consumer complaints regarding the Venison & Brown Rice Dry Dog Food, and Venison & Green Pea Dry Cat Foods. We do not know what is wrong with the food at this time, but we have heard that animals are vomiting and experiencing kidney problems.
Although the problems seem to be focused on one particular lot, as a precautionary measure, we are pulling all dates of Venison & Brown Rice Dry Dog Food and Venison & Green Pea Dry Cat Food from the shelves.
Please discontinue feeding all Venison and Brown Rice Dry Dog Food, and Venison and Green Pea Dry Cat Food.
We are working closely with the FDA.
We will update this website today, as more information comes available.
NO OTHER NATURAL BALANCE PRODUCTS ARE AFFECTED.
I have been told that a popular Heartworm preventive medication called Heartguard may be recalled soon as well.
These are chewable tablets, and I suspect that they also contain wheat gluten to keep them bound together.
If you are using them as a Heartworm Preventive, I suggest that you stop, and switch to another Preventive such as Interceptor.
I'll keep you all posted as the news progresses.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!