View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 04:19 AM   #4
yrkey
Senior Yorkie Talker

Hi. Thank you.

WD means Winners Dog (thats the one who gets the points).
BOS means Best of Opposite Sex.
WB means Winners Bitch. (they get points too)
BOB means Best of Breed.
15 points are needed to become a champion. 1,2,3,4,5 points. (3,4,5 points are considered majors. You need to get 2 of those.)

First they judge all the males, then the females. Stacking is posing the dog on the floor or on the table for the Judge to examine. Its best if you go to the web site for AKC and there it will explain dog shows better. Also if there were any shows near your location you could attend, someone could explain some of it to you. You can go on the web site Infodog.com and it will list dates and times in your area for upcoming dog shows. I could never explain all of that to you, it is confusing and I still get mixed up sometimes. If I tried to explain, I would probably confuse you more.

It is fun to show dogs. I never realized how much I missed doing it until I started again. All the people you meet, and most are very helpful. Its nice to get to travel a little. After 12 years being out of showing I am finding that there are still people doing it that remember me. Its great to reaquaint with them.

Wish I could explain it better to you. Some of the ladies on this Forum that show are very helpful and have alot of information too. Once again, thanks!
yrkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!