View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 07:21 PM   #6
biewerlover
YT Addict

Pretty much everything that Deb said, great points. Yes, Yorkies are very hard to train especially tiny Yorkies, but small dogs in general. A puppy at 13wks is NOT going to be potty trained even if he/she has made it for 5 days. That is just too young to fully understand. He probably did good because you were super attentive with it and then maybe got over confident and gave him more freedom when he really wasn't ready yet for that freedom. You must not give him free reign in your home unless you are watching every moment because as you know they can pee/poo in a split second and they sit so close to the ground it is hard to catch. When I hadmy first yorkie I teathered him to me as I walked around the house and I ran him to that peepad every 10 minutes. He ended up being 99pc housetrained but never quite 100pc. Go back to square one and start over and realize it is going to take a long time to get your dog to a reliable spot, but it will be worth it. Also, remember, even though you may be frustrated the dog is not going on the carpet to peeve you off or anything, he is just a baby. You can do this!!

Kathy
biewerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!