View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 04:43 PM   #4
HighlandYorkies
DEBRA'S DORKY YORKIES4
Donating Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy-licious View Post
I posted this thread in the "training section" and hardly no one replied so I am hoping I will get more replies in this forum. Hoping someone can tell why Buddy did this!!!

Copy & Pasted from other forum:

I am SHOCKED at what Buddy just did!!!! He POOPED on our brand new sofa (sofa is three weeks old)!!!!!!!! Buddy has been completely housetrained for a couple of months. If he has ever had an accident he does it directly by the backdoor and I never fuss because I know he was trying to get outside. Even when he was a baby he NEVER pooped on furniture. He loves this sofa ...this is where he naps and he also puts all his toys on the sofa. Why would he poop on it? I am in shock!!! He had been taken outside twice in the 30 minutes before he did it. (he pooped outside too) What do I do? I want him to know that this is completely unacceptable and to never do it again!! I immediately took him outside and then put him in the gated in the mudroom (this is where his food & crate are kept). He is use to roaming the house so he was very upset when I put him in the mudroom. I hate feeling this way...I am so mad at him but I feel like this has to be my fault. What did I do wrong? Please help!!!
3. they have such small insides that they often have accidents when you least expect it, even after months of being toilet-trained with no mishaps.

If I were you, I would not scold him this once, and see if it happens in the next few days. You could put his fav. blanket on your new sofa and also rub it over the new unworn areas like the back and sides to make him feel as if it is his. Though if he hasn't peed on it I would be surprised if this was marking.
I really think this is just an accident, and I wouldn't let on - just remove the offending lump and say nothing, and praise him like mad next time he goes outside....
Mine have accidents, and they get sooo offended, and I never say anything, and they go fine outside 99.9% of the time. They just have small bowels and bladders and get caught too soon.
Try the blanket rubbing again if this becomes a more frequent event, and another option is keep him off the sofa
Debra x x x x
HighlandYorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!