View Single Post
Old 04-15-2007, 06:39 PM   #3
biewerlover
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnMs mommy View Post
I own two maltese who will be a year next months and I decided that I would like a yorkie as well... I know that usually there is a waiting list for good breeders and I have specific features that I am looking for...I am willing to wait as long as I have to... okay here is what I am looking for... a 2-3lb little girl with very dark coloring (black and gold)<-even though I know that is not the standard... if any one knows of a GOOD breeder who has healthy happy pups that fit my description please let me know... also I would not mind getting an older pup like 8 months or so... thanks for your imput!

Jenelle
I have an issue with this only because the more people who want Yorkies this tiny, the more demand, the more supply. Thats the problem with "teacup" Yorkies and why people are not producing them on purpose (breeding small males to females). I understand that reputable breeders do not breed for tinies and that some litters it just happens, but for those who truly respect the breed will understand the standard for the Yorkie is not 2-3lbs. Yes, they are adorable I don't disput that, but these tinies do nothing to promote the "breed" itself. As another poster mentioned, these tinies can come with some major health issues and because of their size they are sometimes harder to treat (not all). Again, I'm not judging you or anyone for that matter, this is just my opinion. I am a strong advocate for animals and when human intervention and money changes the standard of a breed, I just take issue with it.

Please, don't take my words out of context, for those of you on this forum who own tinies I hold NO judgements. I'm just concerned especially now because the Yorkie has moved up in breed popularity and the more people who want these small and/or micro Yorkies the more irresponsible breeders that pop up who want the big bucks for them...

Kathy
biewerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!