Papi
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Default In Memorial-Kassie Kisses-My Precious Yorkie

Sired February 24, 19999
Passed: March 30. 2007 - 3:10 p.m.
7 years - 3 months

A warm hello Yorkie friends,

Sorry this is quite long,,

I have been silently lurking on Yorkie Talk, since January, learning so much, and hoped to find information to save my Yorkie, and have been somewhat reluctant, debating on whether I should post this and open old wounds, cause more heartache, for if nothing else, I have come to know how compaasionate, empathetic Yorkie people are, in fact noticing what a close knit family, the out pouring of love the Yorkie family shows, I registered, and my first post for those un aware, was a donation in support of you special ladies, gents, the Yorkie Talk Administration for making this site available.

Please forgive me but it's now 16 day's since my Kassie passed, and feel I owe it to her, to let people know she existed, thus I'm impelled to honor her life in this post,I'm a retired senior also a widower who late in life came to learn of this wonderfull and special breed, the Yorkshire Terrier, and had to own one, it's miniature size and for someone needing companionship one of these little furballs made perfect sense, little did I know at time how special,and affectionate they could be, funny and intelligent beyond my imagination, I was never happier as this precious baby filled the void and lonliness in this period of my life, with love and joy beyond my expectation, I so mourm her loss , as I know many of you have gone through, also suffered the same loss, have the same emotions, the emptiness of heart, and may I please offer each, and everyone of you my collective condolences on your loss, and a warm cyber hug, I am very sorry, I now know, feel your the same saddness.

My precious little girl developed irreversable kidney disease back in July 2006, and with the best of veterinary care, and medication she did fairly well up to January, this year,2007 at which point she began a rapid downward course, at that time I had more test done, in March she had to be hospitalized for 4 day's, the vet gave her what I guess we could consider a form of dialysis, an attempt to flush her kidney's out, hoping she might rebound along with 5 prescriptions, giving her fluids, and with diet she did all right for a few day's, then she would skip a day, eat again but very picky, she even turned her nose up at things she always loved, then by the end of a week she wasn't eating a thing, she went from her normal weight of 4.2 pounds down to 3 pounds, she then began deteriorating quickly, layed curled up in a ball, needing to be in my lap, or her nose buried in the crook of my arms, she had to be ever more close to me now, to be reassured, comforted in her ordeal needed, it came to a point she no longer wanted to walk, get up to go out, which she loved, I now had to pick her up carry her everywhere, when outside I put her down, and she remaine stationary, I tried to get her to walk or come to me, the little thing made strong attempts but would stagger, at times fall down, she would then stare up at me, try to crawl up my leg as if to say, please pick me up, I'm so weak, I can't walk anymore, it was a pitifull site to witness, my eyes would flush with tears. it was now the time to ask myself a serious question, if with all my efforts, the Vets to save her, was I in fact only prologing this fragile little babie's suffering and agony, was I in truth loving her or a selfish attempt, my fear of losing her, after all, at the beginning of these final treaments, the Vet said she only had 2 or 3 months at the most, I had to come to that fateful decision, one I feared terrribly, but I knew if I sincerely loved her, I could no loger bear to see her life's spirit ebbing from her, I had, must do the right thing for her, yes, show my precious baby I loved her dearly, and did the most horrific thing I ever did in my life.

Kassie fought a courageous battle to remain with me, but her now 3 pound frame could endure no longer, resist the ravages of this disease, and reluctantly, with a sickened heart, and broken spirit, I showed Kassie how much I trulyI loved her, I held her in my arms,spoke gently, softly to her, unable to hold back my tears, as we stared into each others eyes , I believe comforting one another, she thanking me for doing the loving, right thing, that I shouldn't feel guilty, it was at this time the medication was administered to her, in a moment my precious one was was resting, sleeping peacefully, at 3:10 pm on March 30, 2007 Kassie sadly had to leave me..

Kassie had the courage of a lion, as we know all Yorkies do, she truly fought the fine fight and will be missed terribly, more than these mere words could ever express, she will alway's be remembered for the love, affection, joy and happiness she brought to my heart, that of my family and friends, she welcomed starngers, and children, in fact oddly enough other dogs, cats would receive her friendship if they permitted such, an unusual and special personality she indeed had.

One of kassie's most favorite things to do was go for car drives, when she would realize we were going to car, she would get so excited, she did a silly dance, like one of those wind up or battery operated toy dogs, she bounced up and down, forward and backwards on her feet, legs, she was hilarious, in the car her little nose would be glued to the window, she was so curious, didn't want to miss anything, such a nosey little thing.

Her other favorite thing was, licking noses, she was obsessed with them, if she got anywhere near someones face she would jump at their nose and lick away, thus she came to be known, named by my grand daughter with Kassie Kisses

Kassie had a personality unlike any previous dog I had in my life, not that I didn't love them, she was as I'm sure, and in reading of so many Yorkie owners stories here,, I would venture to say Yorkies are a special breed, and Kassie is of that breed, so dear, precious, so specila.

Kassie, we thank you so much for coming into our lives, you will be so greatly missed, and remembered for the fun, the laughter boundless happiness, and joy you brought to our hearts, yes, you will be remembered for as long as we live, you sweet, precious little budle of "LOVE"

Good bye baby, your tearfiul and heart broken companion.

Grandpa.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg full10w.jpg (32.1 KB, 345 views)
File Type: jpg Kassie 2.jpg (23.5 KB, 399 views)

Last edited by admin; 05-08-2007 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Edited formatting for easier reading
Papi is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!