View Single Post
Old 04-15-2007, 04:52 PM   #5
judyeve
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcerella02 View Post
that's tough.. i'm a bit confused tho... is there only one street for you to walk max on?? are you unable to go on the other side of the street and avoid this dog completely?? can you turn around if you see him coming and walk the other way?? it sounds like whereever you are walking is very small and you'd run into him all the time.. what about bringing max to a park?? about a month ago we brought Layla to a large park in a town about 20 min ago and she LOVED it!! she investigated and saw birds and squirrels and other dogs.. it was so great! i'd avoid her like the plague.. you clearly arne't dealing with a full deck of cards so just do your own thing.. i bet max would love to investigage new places!
If we do cross the street or walk down the block, the other dog still lunges for Max and I don't think my neighbor can control him. It is a small area because in Brooklyn, the blocks are large squares so until I turn a corner, Max is still visible.

I take him on a leisurely walk every day if possible, usually around the block. He goes on paper, but we like our walk and he needs the exercise, and to be out. There is no park within walking space and once you get a parking spot in NYC, you don't move the car unless you have to! He would love a park. He rolls around in the grass on some of the lawns on the street.

The truth is, I know myself - I can be a ***** and I'm going to tell this woman that she's going to have to work around our schedule. I honestly have no interest in her dog walking issues and for all I care, her dog can pee in the house if she can't figure it out. She just got too bossy about it. Since my daughter was diagnosed with MS, my compassion level for nonsense has reached a new low.

She never walked her last dog. She would take him out into the hall with a bucket, hold his rocket with her hand, and aim it in the bucket where he would pee. The first time I saw that, I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't hallucinating! I don't even want to know how she dealt with poop.

Judy
judyeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!