View Single Post
Old 01-14-2005, 07:26 PM   #1
orinskye
YT 2000 Club Member

Default Vetrinarian horror

there have been many people posting online about how much their vet bills have costed them, and i find the amount rather dsiturbing...... neutering my toby will cost me $30, but some people pay as much as $400.. possibly more..... Clinics are not bad places to take youre baby, you just need to find one that you trust......... you DO NOT ALWAYS get your moneys worth when you take youre baby to a regular vet office.......
I have found from personal experience that vetrinarians actually pull on youre heartstrings and make you feel guilty in order to get you to pay their outrageous prices!!!!
Example: My mother took her dog (big dog) to the vet because she got bit by a rattlesnake..... the vet took her in the back and gave her a vile of antiserum (without asking if they could give it to her first) so then they come out and say " we gave your dog a vile of serum and it costs _____ amount and she needs another one or she will suffer and die" ....... ok, so this being said, my mother would either just say forget it and the dog would die according to the vet (but we would still have to pay for teh treatment she had allready recieved) or pay such and such more and save the dog......... The vet gave my mother such a guilt trip!!! they said "i cant beileve youre pets life means so little to you, ...... it is only money against youre pets life...... you are willing to put youre dog down for a snakebite....." well, my mother paid the vet bill (IT WAS AROUND $1000 DOLLARS!!!!!!!)
And later we find out that in teh army (my uncle trained war dogs) they just PUT ICE ON TEH SNAKEBITE and THEY ARE FINE!!!!!!! so......... the vet lied to her, made her feel guilty to get her money, and medicated the dog when it wasnt necessarily needed........

So, my reason for all of this ranting and raving....... please please please find a vet you are COMFORTABLE WITH that will not take you for every penny you are worth, just because they are more expensive, does not necessarily mean that they are the best, and just because they are "low cost" doesnt necessarily mean that they dont offer the same care that a regular vet office does
orinskye is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!