View Single Post
Old 04-14-2007, 07:55 PM   #11
Sweetums
Donating Yorkie Yakker

If her tummy is bloated at times and she doesn't want to eat, and seems to be in pain when you pick her up, in conjunction with the unusual period of heat almost sounds like she is having an issue with her female organs, perhaps her uterus. If she was kicked previously, it may be possible that her internal organs, possibly her uterus, were injured. Favoring her paw could be another injury, but it could also be her way of trying to alleviate some kind of internal discomfort. I say this from my own experience with ibs. At times, when bloated, the pressure tends to create shooting pains in the chest area. The paw lifting could be related to reacting to something like that. I'm not in the medical field, but I do a lot of research on my own because of my and my daughter's issues with irritable bowel and other health issues I've had over the years. So I'm just doing an educated guess. But that might be an area for you to try researching on. One thing I do know is that disorders that involve the internal organs tend to be hard to diagnose because of referred pain.
Sweetums is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!