View Single Post
Old 04-14-2007, 06:35 PM   #1
bcbrooklyn
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Something is dreadfully wrong! Help!

I am about at my wits end and very, very worried about Daisy. She is my 6 year old baby ...and ever since about a month ago when I moved into my new apartment with my 7 yr old daughter and our two Yorkies , Tudy and Daisy, our little Daisy has not been the Daisy we all know and love and enjoy. Something is wrong with her. ..and the Vet and the Animal Hospital Vet cannot find anything except for maybe a sensitive vertebrae, but nothing shows up wrong on the xrays and she has a clean CBC . Here are her symptoms...1) She does not eat or drink without prompting and without me putting food in front of her face, 2) She does not look up at you, she is always looking at the ground and seems to be cowering whenever I call her out of her hiding place in the closet. 3) She does not go up and down the stairs or walk outside at any other pace than as slow as she can...but she does do her duties outside, albeit very little since she is not eating or drinking much. 4) When I pick her up she makes a whining sort of sound that goes along with her breathing...and if I'm not careful picking her up she will yelp sometimes. I think she is in a lot of pain . The Vet gave me pain and anti-inflammatory meds for her that seem to help a little but do not alleviate her pains much. 5) Her little belly gets extremely tight and bloated a lot...sometimes after she potties it seems better. 6) And finally I do carry her up and down the stairs all the time, 3 floors, and when I let her down and after she walks around for a little while, she is favoring one front paw...she'll lift the other in the air. What is going on? Right before we moved and before this behaviour for a typically very happy dog, she was in heat for a long time, seemed like 4-5 weeks. She has no fever so no infections. All her blood counts came back fine. The xrays look fine in regards to her spine but they haven't looked at any xrays of her other bone structures yet. We are going on about a month now of all this and I feel terrible for her because it is not getting better. The Vet told us he had a Yorkie once that had extreme symptoms during a false pregnancy so for us to hold out and wait for a few weeks. And I cannot find any other signs or symptoms similar to hers on the internet. The Vet said that if she stays this way indefinitely we should probably consider putting her down...I couldn't bear it but watching this go on is difficult as well. Help...Help...Help...if you have seen or heard of anything remotely close to this, please post or email me privately as we are desparate at this point to find a resolution to her misery. Thank you.
bcbrooklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!