View Single Post
Old 04-14-2007, 05:50 PM   #1
judyeve
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default Am I being a *****?

My neighbor has a big dog who lunges at Max, barks, goes for him, and basically wants to hurt him. I know this woman for a long time. She is recently divorced, wears braces on her legs for a neurological disorder, lost her last dog not too long ago, rescued this one, and is, in general, not really on the same planet as the rest of us. She tries to hold her dog back when he sees Max, but really can't handle him because he's stronger than her. She told me her schedule when she walks him so that we could avoid problems. I got annoyed, bur kept quiet. What if Max and I are outside at those times? I always avoid them and pick Max up whenever they are outside together.

Last week, she saw me walking Max and basically asked me when I would be finished walking him because her dog really needed to go out. I like to take Max on nice leisurely walks usually around the block so I told her I would be out of her way. Of course, we couldn't come home until she was finished.
I saw her again a couple of days ago and she did the same thing, but got bossy and annoying about it. I told myself that I should keep quiet because she is trying to keep my dog from getting hurt. BUT, I was annoyed. I saw her later and asked her nicely if she had thought about getting her dog socialized. He doesn't like other male dogs. She got super defensive and highly insulted. I said I wasn't trying to offend her - it would be nice for our dogs to play together and her dog would be happier if he was socialized. She tried to play the victim by claiming that he's a rescue dog. She started to really try to have an argument with me because she claims her dog is perfectly trained, mine barks too, blah, blah, blah.

I got away from her asap and have very mixed feelings about the the whole issue. She's a little "off," and she does try to make sure that Max doesn't get hurt, but I don't see why Max and I should have to be afraid to be out because she doesn't understand that she has to have her dog trained.

Sorry thus is so long, l but I needed to vent and need your opinions...

Thanks,

Judy
judyeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!