View Single Post
Old 06-19-2005, 02:53 PM   #8
Baron
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy4me
Hello everyone! I am bringin' home a new Yorkie puppy today and SO excited!

I am a bit worried that I won't measure up to be a good mommy (like you all are - since you are all Yorkie Professionals!) but, I hope you won't mind me coming to you for advice once in a while.

Here's the scoop:
6 weeks old today, male, w/o AKC papers, purebred

But, my puppy did not have tail docked. A bit concerned about having that done, but it is recommended by a friend - I wonder how much it will cost me? And to hurt the puppy - is that OK? Hmmmm....

What do you all think?

Candy4me
Candy

First, congradulations on your new baby, but to be honest, 6 weeks is too young to be taken away from it's mother. But, too many breeders just want to get them out the door, so you will have to be a very good yorkie mommy for your young baby. Now, unless you plan to show the puppy, there is no reason to submit the puppy to the stress and pain of having the tail docked at this late of a date. Tails should be docked between 1 - 3 days after birth, or else it has to be done when the dog is old enough to be sedated, and if the dog is to be a pet there is no reason to have it done. I would suggest you get some nutrical and supplement the pup with a dab on your finger each day until it is at least 6 months old.
Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!