View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 12:27 PM   #8
jrsygal37
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Default Hi From A Morkie Mom.

Hi ILUVMORKIES. As I said I have a Morkie Tia. Tia is a year old and she weighs 4 pounds. Really, as far as the size goes it will depend on how big the parents were. Usually, the mom is bigger then the dad. Like Yorkies, a Morkie can generally weight anywhere from the size of my Tia all the way up to nine or ten pounds depending on how big the parents were. I have three Yorkies that are on the bigger side all weighing 10 pounds or over. In so far as how to cut the hair. Well, Tia looks just like a Yorkie but champagne color so I chose to have her groomed like a Yorkie. You can see various pictures of her if you go to my photo album under jrsygal37. Knowing the breed you have a mix of Yorkie and Maltese and both are very similiar trait wise. You can check out www.spoiledmaltese.com and that will help you out a bit with the Maltese part. Feeding; I free feed my Yorkies and my Morkie. I use Nutro Natural small bites and leave the kibble out all day for them to pick on, then at night I add boiled chicken chopped up very fine and mix it in with brown rice and some very finely chopped cooked carrot. Your little one looks like he/she will take after the Yorkie more then the Maltese but at such a young age it's really hard to tell. Very adorable though!! Best of luck. Elaine
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!