View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 06:47 AM   #5
RoxyJosMom
Love The Verminator!
Donating Member

Thank you for your prayers. When Krysten (our 18 y.o.) was in the neonatel critical care, the Dr. had called us in to tell us it was no longer a matter of when she came around (she was on 100% oxygen and not responding - along with shock and a non-working bladdr) it was a matter of if, we were terrified. But he also told us that premies can survive things that adults couldn't because they don't know how to give up. They only know the will to live. And that is what makes them survive beyond the odds. The next day, we got a call - Krysten had make her turn that night and was down to 56% oxygen. A couple days later she came off the respirator and a few days after that they called and asked if we would like to take her home. The Neo-Natel centers are incredible. I know one girl who was born 25 years ago so early she didn't even have all her skin. She is a normal, healthy woman now.
She, too, was a 2 lber. When Krysten was in, the tiniest baby I have ever seen was brought in and put in the isolette next to her. She weighed 1 lb. Her little legs were way tinier than my pinky. She survived.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!