View Single Post
Old 06-19-2005, 09:19 AM   #10
Laura
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I have to say for the boyfriend, people do change their minds.

My husband's family are also cat people, big time. He forbid me to have a dog prior to our marriage, saying dog or me. I would reply, 'I will know you love me when you buy me my yorkie.'

Last year my father passed away, at the funeral one of my old friends asked about my dog. I told her we didn't have a dog - she was shocked.

A couple of weeks later was my birthday, my husband's co-workers (the ladies) had done a huge amount of research for him, telling he should get me a dog, but to let me pick it out. We went to get a dog, came home with two and he LOVES them. So much, in fact, he jumps down on the floor when he comes home to let them lick him to death.

Everyone knew how he hated dogs, especially small ones and worried so.
His sister stayed with us on a business trip in January. She teased and teased him, she took the cats to sleep with her (ours). She would pretend to ignore the puppies (but they are adorable.) I love her anyway. She sent me a thank you card with a picture of a person with their head cut off and a small dog standing next to her. She wrote ME and ZOWIE or BRONX next to the pictures. It was sweet (I thought).

The funniest thing is that he loves these dogs so much, he wouldn't dare deny it to any of his family or friends.

Picture of Zowie and Aunt Maureen:
Attached Images

http://www.yorkietalk.com/gallery/sh...00&ppuser=1851
Laura is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!