View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 07:01 PM   #12
Thorsmomma
I Love Thor
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2boyz View Post
How long have you been together? I hate to be the wet blanket here but lets look at it from the other side...maybe your BF has got the hints and he's letting you know in a nice way that he needs to do this alone. I agree that picking out the furniture should be done as a couple when you're married/living together but this is a little different...it's a family thing that may not be as easy for them as you would think...it's not like heading out to a furniture store for the day. My step-son has been with and married to his wife for at least 10 years and we've known her for probably 25 years and she's still uncomfortable when I talk about where things need to go when the time comes...it's awkward for some people. They may be closer than you realize and they could have some private issues to discuss. You said yourself you think you're PMS'ing...we all take things a little more personal at that time...if he isn't taking your hints just try to let it go and I'm sure he'll let you know why he went alone.
Ditto, and I don't want to push it. Okay, communitcation is the key. Everyone is right. For some reason, I was excellent at comminicating until the end of my relationship with my ex, it back really hard for me to talk about things.

LuvtheCooper, Rockstersmom, my2boyz,...everyone, thanks!!

Maybe I should get over myself, and do some errands in the morning, and offer him a picnic lunch tomorrow at the beach.

Rockstersmom, as you know, it's hard to find things to do, (even errands) in a new town where you know nothing!!

Thanks everyone for helping my put this in perspective. I know I blew this up a little, but it's def. bothering me.

The boys on DOGSTER
Thorsmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!