View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 03:15 PM   #13
Erin
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

My programmer husband just made me buy a Macbook because I kept complaining about my laptop being slow and crashing and he was sick of hearing about it. I've had it just this week and I'm already comfortable with the switch. He put something called Parallels on here so that I can run Windows on top of Mac OS X (it's different than boot camp). That way I can still use Quickbooks because it's a version for Windows.

iPhoto is super easy to use - you just plug in your camera and it figures it out. The other programs are really easy too. The hardest part is getting used to the operating system differences. It's not harder to navigate, it's actually easier, it's just a major change.

Also, I cringed about the price but my husband explained that they use really good parts and don't cut corners and that's why they cost a little more. The screens, hard drives, etc. are all top of the line. And you really, truly can't beat the magnetic power cord. Loki has pulled it out twice now since I've had it and it just pops off, rather than pulling your whole laptop with it!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!