View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 10:33 AM   #8
milosmom
Yorkie Talker

Wow! Thanks for all the great information. Everyone here is so knowledgeable and helpful, it's comforting.

I feed him dry food - I'm embarassed to say it's Purina Beneful - but it's the only thing he will eat consistently. I have tried almost all the premuim foods with no success. Merrick, Flint River Ranch, Canide, Royal Canin, Natural Balance, I could go on and on. He eats so little of the "good" food (and sometimes drops in weight (his normal weight is 4.5 pounds)) that the vets have told me to just give him the Purina because he eats that with gusto. That is partially why I try to supplement with people food (meat and veggies), to give him better nutrition. I have tried Merrick venison before and he won't touch it. he won't eat canned food either, he doesn't seem to like the "wetness" of it.

We tried the elimination diet four weeks ago after our last vet visit. Rice and cottage cheese for three days, then cutting out everything but the dry kibble and his only treats are chicken jerky strips. Then he got sick again last week and yesterday. Last week he vomited one time in the morning - the yellowish foamy stuff. Other than that, it just seems to be the horrible, painful gas. Usually after one of these episodes, he has loose stool for about one day then it's back to normal.
milosmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!