View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 08:48 AM   #1
milosmom
Yorkie Talker

Default Help...Chronic Stomach Problems

Hi everyone,

I am new to this board and hoping you can all give me a little advice. My yorkie has chronic stomach problems, and no vet seems to be able to figure out what is going on. A little background.....he gets the terrible gurgling sounds in his stomach and walks around hunched up and clearly in pain. He won't eat or drink and doesn't want to be touched. Sometimes this will last for two days.

He has always been fed small amounts of people food along with a dry kibble diet. When this has happened in the past and I have taken him to the vet, they have always been quick to blame the people food and tell me it's "probably" pancreatitis. He has had bloodwork done multiple times, with no evidence of that. I have now taken him off people food completely for the last four weeks, and he became sick again last night and was still sick this morning.

I have found a new vet that I really like and he is trying very hard to figure this out, but I thought I would post here and see if there is anyone else that has experienced this problem on a regular basis. Last night, the vet told me to try giving him 1/4 of a 10mg Pepcid once or twice a day and see how that works.

I'm very frustrated and worried. Any advice?????
milosmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!