View Single Post
Old 06-08-2004, 02:20 AM   #2
bettyeanne
Donating YT 7000 Club Member

Higgins Mom, sounds like Higgy had a blast! Toto had a "golden opportunity" for her first encounter with a little guy yesterday at a rest stop in Mississippi. It was the cutest thing and when Pat and I saw the puppy we were so excited ... got Toto's harness & leash on her ... just when it looked like they could play together, the puppy got in front of Toto and started barking the sharpest bark I have ever heard! Toto was terrified ... belly crawled over to Pat and tried to literally climb up his leg!! She was so scared!! The puppy was a 3 1/2 month old yorkie/chihuahua mix [same size as Toto] and he was absolutely adorable!! His owner was the nicest lady and just full of questions about Toto. Seems that someone who was supposed to be watching the puppy's mom & dad turned their back and .. oops .. they had a litter of these little guys! She said that he sheds really bad .... I felt his coat and it was a little coarse and kinda thin [sort of like a Jack Russell] but really nice! She is really hoping that it will grow long like Toto's and I believe it will grow some. She didn't know anything about yorkies [we were talking about them and I suggested that she talk to her vet about it ... hopefully he didn't inherit any of the little yorkie problems and only got the "good stuff" like his spunky personality and his gorgeous color!] He was more energetic than Toto [if that's possible] and had the most adorable personality!! I enjoyed the visit more than Toto ... she was happy to sit on her Papa's chest and observe!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!