View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 07:45 PM   #5
twalla
I ♥ my Furheathens
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink's Mom View Post
We had important clients coming from Switzerland to the office and I needed to be there earlier than usual. I got up early and spent a little extra time on my toilette and the previously chosen simple navy suit, with silver jewelry. My husband said I looked lovely but very business-like. Just the look I was going for!

I drove the 30 minutes of highway traffic through the winter cold and snow and reached the office in plenty of time to go over my notes and make sure the Administrative Assistant had the coffee, tea and juice ready and the break pastries ordered. As I stood up to straighten the chairs around the board room table, my assistant said, "Susie, you may want to take a look in the full length mirror."

I walked over to the mirror, smoothing my blouse as I went and stopped in horror when I saw myself, in my beautiful white lace blouse, navy suit jacket, pearl necklace and earrings, and white half-slip. No skirt! The clients were arriving in 30 minutes. No time to go home for the skirt, too early for the stores to be open, what to do!

As I stood there in panic, my director walked in and stared at me, "What do you intend to do about this situation?" he asked with a stricken look. As I ran from the boardroom, I called back, "Don't worry, I've got it under control." I raced down the hall to Legal, grabbed Mary Ellen and demanded her skirt. She graciously gave it to me and fortunately for me it was red wool - went perfectly with my white blouse and navy jacket. The meeting went off without a hitch, but my director never let me forget that he had seen me in my lingerie!
I Think I woulda DIED!!! Now I must ask... did you give the hubby the what for not catching that????
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!