View Single Post
Old 01-13-2005, 04:44 PM   #1
FunkyMunkie
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Yorkies and respiratory problems?

Well Luna has been having this weird breathing pattern going on. At first we all thought it was a cough but we can clearly see that she doesn't open her mouth one bit when she begins to inhale deeply and kinda shake. I'm not too sure how to describe this. It's kinda like if she were gasping for air. I took her to the vet and he says that everything seemed normal, but he didn't run any blood or xrays because the cost was ridiculous so we opted for antibotics (to treat the symptoms as if it were kennel cough, unless it persists).

I wish she would've done that breathing at the vet's but she didn't at all! So the vet really didn't know exactly what I meant. Since being home after the vet she's already done it 3-4 times. I am so afraid, my baby looks like she is having a seizure when she gasps like that. It did scare me taht the vet said if it persists it can be a collapse trachea which he says is common for yorkies... please pray that that isn't so!

I'm kinda regretting not getting the xray and blood work done, but the bill gets really high and it's the first time anything like this happens, I'm confused, anyone console me...
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!