View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 12:12 PM   #8
biewerlover
YT Addict

I'm probably repeating myself here as everyone has given excellent advice. Correct, your puppy is too young to FULLY understand the whole potty concept. Yorkies in general (small dogs in general) can be a handful when it comes to training. It takes VERY persistant effort along with a strict schedule. Meaning if she has free run anywhere you need to watch like a hawk. Next, step up the pad to every 1/2hr put her on it. Play with her but make sure you are watching constantly. I don't even let my guy outa my site when I am going potty myself, either he is in the crate or with me in the bathroom! Keep your demenor as calm as you can (I know its hard and frustrating) keep your frame of mind in the dogs. Remember she is not trying to peeve your off, she is not "stupid", etc. she just really has no clue yet what it all means.

Poop eating..Yep, to us gross..to them..delite. I try and either pickup right away (they are trained to outside) or I have been teaching my dog the command "leave it" whereas if they leave the poop then they get a toy or treat, it works 99pc of the time.
biewerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!