View Single Post
Old 06-18-2005, 12:09 PM   #8
whispersmom2
Inactive Account

Good advice from you, breeders...et al. I meet every member of the household and that includes any animals that I am not allergic to. I want to meet the other dogs . I have no problem telling someone they and my puppy are not a match..I have concerns about smokers-so, if you smoke, I WILL smell it, believe me. I want to see how family relates to each other. Family dynamics say a lot. After at least 1 phone interview, one visit to my home which may or may not include the animals, which will require another interview..I have found that few people are dishonest, but there are some who are. I don't take deposits. I send the perspective buyer away for a cooling off period before they leave with a puppy..I mean, what's not to like about a Yorkie puppy?
rnnw, absolutely, start building a relationship in your area. Go to shows or go to interview breeders who have ads somewhere. Learn how to be a good breeder interviewer and what the breeder should ask YOU...we can write and post but in the long run, you have to do your homework. This is a great place to start since there are some breeders on here..JMHO
whispersmom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!