View Single Post
Old 06-18-2005, 06:24 AM   #5
wnalegria
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Clock Truth

I do a one year health warranty of the kids. They leave my home with a certificate of health from the vet -regardless if they are shipped are going next door. The new owner has 7 days to take the puppy to vet of their choice for a physical at their expense. If the baby is determined medically unhealthy they can return the baby and get thier money back.

My vet does an excellent job with the health certificate. He does not want me back at his door asking why a health condition was overlooked on a baby that just went to the new owner. I do not give my own vaccinations I use the vet. This allows me to have another set of eyes to look at the puppy- at each worming or vaccination the baby gets a physical. I get a report on the heart/lungs, Ears, Eyes, Mouth/teeth/gums, Skin/coat, Gait, General T(Includes weight) and parasite exam with all abnormals indicated on the physical form. A copy of this is included in the package for the new owner.
I ask that they keep one and make a copy for thier vet. I also ask that the new parents use a good vet. Just beacuse you are a vet does not mean you are a good vet who stays up to date on what is happening in vet medicine.
There are three vets at my clinic. Dr St Peters is my gal- we will use one of the other vets on one exam just as a precaution to keep us on our toes. My vet also shows and breeds dogs- we are a good match. This clinic I use is assoc. with our state vet school and vets will complete their interships there.

My biggest health problem with kids that go home is the new owners. They will change their diet. They do not gradually change from the food I send home with the puppy over to the food they prefer to use. (Same thing goes for water) They will give the puppy too many treats or overstimulate the poor thing. I send home written directions I call daily for a week. I do the best that I can. Some folks just do not have common sense. You wonder
how they had two legged children that survived infancy.

Wnalegria
wnalegria is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!