Thread: Grooming paws
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 10:17 AM   #1
Sherryabear
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Default Grooming paws

I hope I am in the right forum to ask this.

For those that groom your baby yourself......how do you groom and trim their paws and pads.
I have four family members that own yorkies and take them to groomers.......four different groomers. I don't like any of their cuts and hear the family say they cut to short, etc. Please don't think I am putting down any groomer , I'm not. I would just rather do it myself if this is possible.

So I want to groom Gordon myself....if I can.
Gordon loves his baths (he plays with his rubber ducky while being bathed) and he lets me do his nails. He has let me shave his belly and clip his nails with no problems. I want to let his coat grow, and have a topknot. I have already started putting his hair in a topknot and he doesn't bother it. I did shave his ears, but I think I shave them a wee to low. It doesn't bother me if his ears flop, infact, one ear flops and one ear stands........hehe. Can you just let his hair on his ears grow, if it doesn't bother you if they flop? or does the hair bother the dog?

Is there any site you can share with me , showing how to do just a basic trim for deadends, and how to trim around their pads. His hair around his pads is getting long.
Also those that let their hair grow, do you trim around their face???
If not a site, any good books I could buy online that shows pics how to groom ?

TIA
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!