View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 07:13 AM   #13
biewerlover
YT Addict

Lately, he's been taking advantage of pissing in the house. He didn't used to do this, and we take him out regularly... 2 times a day at strict schedule. I'm guessing it's because he hasn't been fixed yet...

I'm confused..2xs a day? I don't think thats what you meant right? I don't think he is saving his pee for inside. Little dogs pee a lot, they have to learn to hold it longer. This is why I crate train my dogs. When I am at work my puppy is in his crate. He olds it from 8am until I come home for lunch at 1pm. He is slowly learning and training his bladder to hold it, just like a toddler must learn to hold it until he/she can get to a potty. At first they pee in their pants cuz they don't understand but eventually they learn. Same with pups (even some older dogs). It isn't realistic to expect a small toy breed to hold it like a Golden Retriever, but they can learn not to go every minute. When out on a walk my guy must lift his leg like 30 xs. 1/2 of the time nothing is even coming out anymore. When you take him out and he pees maybe stay out a bit longer and let him sniff around and see if he has to go more before you bring him in?

Kathy
biewerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!