View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 07:03 AM   #7
biewerlover
YT Addict

I agree with Lynne 100%. The only times I have used peepads was in the initial period of training these little ones. I have always eventually trained them to the outside "totally". Not to mention my husband is against a dog doing its business in the house! I know alot of people buy Yorkies/small dogs for apartment living and therefore the inside training works for them and I understand, but I also think that sometimes the dog does not understand that the entire house is not the "bathroom". With diligence, a dog can be trained to use the peepad, just like a dog can be trained to use a specific area of the yard, but it has to be so consistent and regimented until it is 100%. If you take your dog to his spot and he does not pee/poo then he only gets run of the house if you are watching him like a hawk. If you let him run without watching him and he has a mess, then it is your fault and not his at this point. When my dogs have a accident it is generally MY fault as I didn't catch the clue they gave me to go outside. If you can't watch him he must be confined to a crate or small space again, only until you get this under control and he becomes totally reliable.

kathy
biewerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!